Skip to main content

Elder Mill Covered Bridge

, GA

Built in 1897 this 99 foot long bridge orginally stood over Calls Creek on the Athens-Watkinsville Rd. It was moved to its current location over Rose Creek in 1924. The bridge was constructed using the Town lattice design with planks criss crossing and fastened with wooden pegs. It is one of the few remaining covered bridges in GA and one of the few that continues to carry traffic without underlying steel beams.